Molecular Formular: HCOONa. 2H2O
CAS No.: 141-53-7
Maily used inproduction of formic acid, oxalic acid, sodium hydrosulphite, formamide, leather industry and oil field. As camouflage acid in leather industry; Applied to catalyst and stable synthetic agent; Reducing agent in the printing and dyeing industry.
This product is a white crystalline powder with water absorbing performance and slight formic acid odor, soluble in water glycerol, slightly soluble in ethanol, not soluble in ether. Density 1.429g/cm3, melting point 253° C soluble in ethanol, nontoxic, noncorrosive, with reducing performance, capable of reacting with strong oxidizing agent, freely slaked in air.
1. Used in leather industry, serves as camouflage salt in the chrome tanning method.
2. Used in catalyst and stabilizer compositions, and in the printing and dyeing of textiles, paper as a reducing agent.
3. Used as the raw material in the manufactuers of sodium hydrosulphite, formic acid and oxalic acid.
4. Used as drilling fluid and completion fluid in oil field, used as road antifreeze and cement antifreeze.
5. Deicing chemical: Sodium formate is less corrosive and undergoes fast melting action relative to other deicing chemicals.
6. Buffering agent: Sodium formate improves both desulfurization efficiency and increasing lime absorbent utilization.
7. Animal feed additive: Sodium formate is an efficient feed additive as it improve digestibility.
||25 kgs in net bag 20mts in 20’ FCL
||Mainly Applied to the manufacture of Formic Acid and Oxalic Acid, as well as to the manufacture of dimethyl formamide
Send Inquiry to this Member
Related Products of this Company
This member assumes full responsibility for the content of this listing. DIYTrade accepts no responsibility whatsoever in respect of such content.
To report fraudulent or illegal content, please click here
China Suppliers Quick Searching: