1. Cutting and crushing down the determined width of overlaid asphalt pavement to expose the bridge deck.
2. Cleaning the channel with pressured air and attaching tape at both sides:
- After removing fragments, dust, small amounts of moisture, and adhered extrangeous substances, attach tapes at both right and left sides of the channel leaving a space.
3. Heating the channel and installing back-up rod:
- After heating the channel with heat-lance th obtain the sufficient temperature (keep about
4. First coating and installing steel support plate:
- Coat the channel with Roadseal sealant (
5. Filling up the channel:
- Coat the steel support plate again with Roadseal sealant and the interior surfaces of the channel.
- In the case of the expansion joints, mix heated aggregate (
- Level off the top surface of the joint using heated squeezer or roller and cool it by sprinkling lime or talc powder over. It takes about 1~2 hours for vehicles to pass over newly completed joint