|Origin:||Made In China|
|Category:||Agriculture & Foods / Gardening / Flowers & Plant|
|Label:||Cycas , Cycas Bonsai , Cycas Revoluta|
|Min. Order:||1000 pc|
Cycas revoluta, also called sago palm, king sago, sago cycad, Japanese sago palm.
And how to care and grow it?
Ease of growing: The sago palm is easy enough for most growers to care for and maintain, but not quite a beginner plant.
You will need to provide plenty of bright light, above average humidity levels, do not over-water and have plenty of
patience with a young plant.
1. Temperature: Average room temperatures of 65°F (16°C) --- 75°F (24°C) are suitable and no lower than 55°F (12.7
2. Light: The cycas revoluta grows at it's best with bright light, without direct sunlight.
3. Soil: A well draining and aerated potting mix is needed. Something like 1 part peat, 1 part pine bark and 1
part coarse sand is a suitable mix.
4. Re-Potting: Once again because it's a slow growing plant it does not need to be re-potted every year. Once every 3
years should be fine.
5. Fertilizer: I would feed this plant once a month from April - October with a diluted liquid fertilizer. It wont need
quite as much or as often as many other foliage plants because it's so slow growing.
6. Humidity: Average to above average humidity levels are best suited. You may want to improve humidity levels with a
humidity tray or electronic humidifier if the plant has problems associated with dry air conditions, such as brown
leaflet tips. To improve humidity mist the leaves during the summer and when the air is dry.
7. Propagation: Propagation is done by seed, which most growers wont attempt to do because it takes so long for them to
germinate and then the length of time the plant takes to grow to a reasonable height is also too long. In the right
setting with good conditions a plant can produce offsets which can be removed and re-planted to produce a new sago.
If you are interested in our products, please feel free to contact us.