|Origin:||Made In China|
|Category:||Agriculture & Foods / Agricultural Products & Resources / Plant Extract|
|Label:||Picrorhizae , Picroside II 5% , Picrorhiza Kurroa|
|Min. Order:||1 kg|
Rhizoma Picrorhizae Extract
Product Name:Rhizoma Picrorhizae Extract
Latin Name:Picrorhiza kurrooa Royle ex Benth
Part Used: Rhizome (Root)
Active Ingredient: Picroside
Specification: Picroside II 5%, 4:1-20:1
Test Method: TLC
Appearance: Brown Yellow Powder
Extraction Solvent: Partly soluble in water, totally soluble in Alcohol
CAS NO : 39012-20-9
Molecular Formula: C23H28O13
Molecular Weight: 512.46
What is Rhizoma Picrorhizae ?
It is a small perennial herb from the Scrophulariaceae family. The rhizome of Picrorhiza has been traditionally used to treat worms, constipation, fever, scorpion sting, asthma and ailments affecting the liver.
Where will Rhizoma Picrorhizae Extract use to?
1) It alters the structure of the outer membrane of the hepatocytes in such a way as to prevent penetration of the liver toxin into the interior of the cell.
2) It stimulates the action of nucleolar polymerase A, resulting in ribosomal protein synthesis and, thus stimulates the regenerative ability of the liver and formation of new hepatocytes.
3) It exhibits anti-inflammatory action on a variety of inflammatory models.
4) It modulates liver enzyme level.
5) It decreases level of lipid peroxidases and hydroperoxidases, free radical producing agents.
6) It shows curative activity against hepatotoxins like thioacetamide, galaclosamine and carbontetrachloride.
Application of Rhizoma Picrorhizae Extract:
1). Applied in food field.
2). Applied in pharmaceutical field.